PTA Reflections Art Program
What is the Reflections Art Program and Why Does it Matter?
The PTA-sponsored Reflections Art Program inspires students of all ages to express themselves imaginatively in artwork, and to tap into critical-thinking skills to create art inspired by a theme. Reflections provides positive recognition for the students, showcases their original works of art, and increases community awareness of the importance of the arts in education.
Artworks are submitted first to school-level PTAs, where they are recognized and celebrated in a gallery-style exhibition. They are also judged on skill, creativity, and interpretation of the theme by five grade-level divisions. The Award of Excellence goes to the top art piece in each category, which is then sent on to councils and then districts for consideration. The final artworks submitted to California State PTA by districts are then considered for Outstanding Interpretation, Awards of Excellence or Awards of Merit. Outstanding Interpretation and Award of Excellence entries then go on to represent California in the final National PTA judging round.
PTA Reflections 2021
The theme for 2022-2023 will be "Show Your Voice!" Check back in August 2022 for more information.
All students attending PVPUSD schools are invited to participate and submit original artwork in any of the six categories below. Please make sure to review rules and guidelines before submitting. Art pieces that do not adhere to guidelines will not be accepted. To submit artwork, please select your school below and follow the prompts.
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Special Artist
- Visual Arts
When uploading artwork to your Google Form please note:
- Literature entries should be a PDF file.
- Photography entries can be a .jpg, .jpeg, or .png file.
- Music Composition can be an .mp3 or .wav file. If you are a middle or high school student, please also upload a PDF of the notated music.
- Dance Choreography and Film Production can be an .mp4 or AVI file. Please note any copyrighted materials used.
- Visual Arts entries must be a .jpg or a .jpeg. Your photo of your artwork is very important, as it is the only thing the judges will see. When you photograph your (child's) visual art entry, remember to use natural light to capture the actual colors, take the photo straight on (not from an angle), and crop your photo to its edges so it fills the frame.
Below are the official Reflections category rules for your reference. Please disregard the submission procedures, as they are only relevant for entries that advance beyond PVPUSD.
For more information about the Reflections Arts Program, please contact your site PTA Reflections Chair, 3rd VP, or Kimberly Offenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.